Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday Best

Happy Sunday everyone! I feel like Sunday can be a very bitter sweet day for most people in this world, at least the people that I've met anyway. For my family and I Sunday has always been a day where we spend time with each other, go to church (which is always great), and relax from the stress and excitement over the weekend. After church we always watch Sunday Football especially if the 49ers are on (if they're not..we watch Football anyway). Then we like to end the night with a nice movie to actually unwind and prepare for Monday. And see that's when Sunday automatically becomes bitter, you've had this nice fun weekend and then all of the sudden you realize that its Sunday and the next day is Monday which brings a whole new work week and a load of new stress and things to take on head first. Since tomorrow is Monday and everyone has work (except for Andy and I and those that work at the bank or the post office..etc. Since its a Holiday (Columbus Day...it's a big deal)), I thought I would relive our nice weekend that we had.

Friday was my last day at the Nursing Home. As Friday approached I couldn't help but be so excited that I was quitting and moving on to something new. For those of you that didn't know, the Nursing Home and my attitude towards it was a very love hate relationship. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love being a Nursing Assistant. Despite all the gross things that come along with that job, I really get to bond with people and learn their life story and make new friends. Even though those friends couldn't come over or go out on the weekends there were certain people there that I looked forward to seeing every time I went into work. But then there was the hate part of that relationship that I had to struggle with everyday I woke up and had to drive 45 minutes to Payson at 5 in the morning to a job that part of me loved and part of me loathed. I despised administration at my job and the pay was not worth it to me but I couldn't just leave without having another job lined up out here in Draper. After a very hard month and a half of waking up early and driving too far and realizing that all my other friends at work had quit, I got to interview with the sweetest family to be their nanny. They offered me the job of caring for their 5 month old twins! I couldn't be more excited to start this new job and move on in life. As I was finishing work Friday I came to a realization that I was really going to miss the people I had loved for 14 months, so I stayed after work and talked to one person who I've come particularly close with. We said our goodbyes and with a hope that I will go back and visit without having the stress of work. Friday night we celebrated my leave with Andy and I watching a scary movie and eating popcorn ( its become our daily routine since its October).

Saturday night we met up with our best friends in Provo Mikaela and Brandon Nielsen, they introduced us to an amazing restaurant!!! Its called Station 22, its on Center street (everyone should go). Andy and Brandon indulged in the 22 Club sandwich and it did not disappoint! Andy has yet to stop talking about it (I had a bite it truly was delicious). Mikaela got a sandwich that she raved about called Pig N Cheese its basically a grilled cheese with pork and apples in it and she had some garden soup. Then I had Chicken and Waffles, it was pretty good but I'll probably get something else next time we go. Rosco's House of Chicken and Waffles still has my heart when it comes to that meal. I could definitely see other people being in love with it though. After dinner we got the dogs that our friends are watching and we took them to the park to wear them out so that when we went to dessert they could be left in the house asleep. I think Andy and I met the coolest dogs in history. They are search and rescue dogs and not only are they adorable and cuddly but they are so well behaved! We loved them! Then we went to the Chocolate in Orem which is always a good way to eat dessert and end the night. Saturday night was awesome and even though it was simple it was a BLAST! Oh and to top it all off the Utah Utes beat the 5th best football team in the nation the Stanford Cardinals, in a 27-21 upset. Too bad Direct TV doesn't have the PAC 12 channel so we couldn't watch...but don't worry we got the ESPN updates every play.

I guess that brings us to today, Sunday. And like I mentioned earlier we went to church and now we are sitting down watching the 49er game. We had some hot chocolate on this rainy day for a nice after church treat and now we are just waiting for dinner time...Spaghetti!!!
                                                           The 22 Club Sandwich
                                                               Chicken and Waffles
                                                               Brandon and Mikaela
                                                                    We love them
                                                                      My love and I
Station 22
                                                                   Andy and Desso
                                                                           Tremper
Utah WINS!!!!
                                                                       Hot Chocolate
                                                                       Our Sunday Best
Love, the sargents

1 comment: